Halloween is fast approaching so last weekend I bought a lovely big pumpkin with the intention to carve it but also make pumpkin soup with insides. My boyfriend carved an awesome pumpkin (see my Instagram) and I made a huge batch of delicious spicy pumpkin soup. There were then lots of pumpkin seeds left over so I decided to roast them using the following super quick and easy recipe.
Quantities depend on how many seeds you get pout of your pumpkin.
- Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Drizzle of Garlic or chili oil if you have them
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Pre-heat over to 140°C / Gas mark 1.
- Wash and dry your pumpkin seeds then put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil(s), salt and paprika and thoroughly mix together. If you are unsure about how strong the flavours will be then underestimate on the amount, roast and handful and see how they taste. Add more to the remaining mix if needed then roast them.
- Spread the seeds out evenly on a foil lined baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for approx. 20 minutes but keep checking on them.
- Leave to cool then enjoy!